Because why not? Some of my goals have been divided into hard goals and soft goals. Hard goals are ones that are easier to achieve because well, as we’ve all learned the past two(!) years, life happens. My soft goals are goals I would love to aim for and complete by the end of the year, even if they’re a little more difficult!
goals for this year include:
- Hard goal: read 50 books this year! I read 57 last year so this goal is pretty doable. Soft goal: I would love to read at least 75 books this year, but the chances of that happening? Slim, Jim. Slim.
- Hard goal: Have at least a 1:1 ratio of white or non-diverse books vs. books written by POC or that feature good diversity (not token). This is another one that is pretty easy to do, since I love reasing books by diverse authors. Just pray that my reading life doesn’t tumble downhill and I get the urge to reread the entirety of the Shadowhunter Chronicles.
- Soft goal: Read more 5 stars. Obviously, this goal is much more difficult because how am I going to know what will be a 5 star read? However, I want to be more active in knowing what I like and request and read.
- Talk about more diverse topics! I’m proud of a couple of articles I wrote last year, and I would love to keep that up while also incorporating topics like haircare or skincare in.
- Be more active on Twitter and Instagram! It’s hard to keep up with social media, not going to lie. Also, I see everyone’s beautiful photos on Insta and get so discouraged. But I’ve realized that just because I can’t take those kinds of pictures because I don’t have a ton of books or props doesn’t mean I can’t post at all!
- Maybe start a proper Booktok. Booktok needs more diverse creators promoting diverse books, and less Sarah J. Maas promotion. There, I said it. The thing about Booktok that I don’t like? It doesn’t leave room for in-depth discussions like blogging or YT does. Still, I wouldn’t mind giving it a chance.
So that’s it! Tell me: do you agree with any of these goals? Do you have any advice? What’s a goal you’re aiming to complete in 2022?