Hi friends! I’ve been thinking for a while now, and bear with me because I’m hoping this sounds coherent, and makes some small bit of sense??? And please forgive me if this comes off as pretentious*, that’s not my intent.
*just call me Richard Gansey III
This is really tough to phrase but I’m going to try anyway: I feel like a lot of different entertainment mediums have really been lacking in diversity, such as books, movies, TV shows, video games, you name it. I think we can all agree with that! But I was recently thinking: I’m a female, mixed-race person. Maybe I can provide insight into certain things? And let marginalized consumers feel, I don’t know, less iso,lated? I hope that’s coming across the right way! So basically, here’s what I’m thinking:
- Write some TV reviews, but with a focus on representation.
- Same with movie reviews because we allllll need some big screen rep in our lives!
- And since I DO play video games, as a girl, I think it’ll be fun to post some reviews and updates of that!
- I’d also like to publish more book reviews, with a bigger emphasis on diversity, debut authors, and female characters.
- Graphics aren’t my biggest priority right now, especially since I can’t afford as much, but I still want to do more!
- And finally, I’d like to make this a little more personalized??? It’s surprisingly difficult to find the right balance between professional and fun??? And also I love questions mark??? And exclamation points!!!
So yeah! Those are my tentative plans for revamping! Please give me some feedback, and tell me your thoughts!