Thoughts While Reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
I’ve decided to start a series of posts where I just catalog my thoughts as I read the book, so let me take the time right now to post a big, fat spoiler warning:
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK
Well, now that we’ve got that settled, let’s begin!
Note: This is a reread for me, but I won’t be spoiling future installments.
- “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.” How can one sentence contain so many feels?!?!
- Oh, Dumbledore’s obsession with lemon drops is priceless XD
- UGH the Dursleys are such crappy parents who knows how Harry might have turned out if they had actually cared about him?
- I didn’t know this before but apparently the snake Harry released is Nagini? GOOD GOING HARRY!!!
- “Shake em off…shake em off…” Vernon Dursley knew how the players played before Taylor ever did.
- Dudley so deserved that pig’s tail, go Hagrid!
- Diagon Alley is so amazing, I WANT TO GO THERE!!!
- And here we have the lovely Draco Malfoy, making a snazzy first impression like always. You do you Draco, you do you.
- Aw, I forgot Hagrid bought him ice cream, that’s so sweet!
- Ollivander needs to hire Andy Dwyer, pretty sure they’d have his shop redecorated in a really fun way in no time!
- That always gives me chills, the fact that Harry’s wand is the brother to Voldemort’s.
- Fred and George never, ever fail to make me laugh out loud like honestly.
- Harry and Ron’s friendship is just so precious, this first meeting is adorable.
- #TheOneTimeIWillCheerForScabbers BITE HIM!!!
- Oh, I can’t wait for the Golden Trio to join up again!
- I love how ghosts just casually drift through the walls like “Oh I hope you’re in Ravenclaw, by the way I’m dead!”
- Have I ever said I loved Dumbledore, because I dooooooooo
- Interestingly enough, the first thing Snape ever says to Harry, “What would I get if I added powdered asphodel to an infusion of wormwood” translates to “I am very sorry for Lily’s death” in the flower language( or so I hear XD)
- Nice catch Harry!
- Hahaha, I love that scene where Harry’s got the Nimbus!
- YASSSSS HERMIONE GRANGER’S IN THE GANG NOW!!!
- Snape, how dare you take a book away?!?!
- OH MY STARS I FORGOT HOW BEAUTIFUL LEE JORDAN’S COMMENTARY IS, ALL MUGGLE SPORTS NEED A LEE JORDAN
- Huh…that Greek chappie Hagrid met in the pub…couldn’t have been Hades, could it?
- The Weasley twins are so freaking amazing they literally hit Voldemort in the face with snowballs, not even Harry’s managed that one.
- Oh, Christmas at Hogwarts just gives me so many feeeeeeeeelings
- I want a family like the Weasleys
- Okay, why can’t all our food give us presents I NEED THIS also I want an invisibility cloak
- You know, it’s frightening to think about what might have happened if Dumbledore hadn’t rescued Harry from the mirror…
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
- What did Dumbledore actually see in the mirror…?
- Neville and Ron are absolutely amazing, Neville attempted to take on Crabbe and Goyle by himself!
- I wonder how long the shortest Quidditch game ever is?
- Hagrid’s so sweet
- AWWWWW poor Neville risked everything to warn them!
- I always cringe when everyone’s icing Harry out
- UGH Malfoy you’re such a bully and a coward
- YAS FIRENZE
- Ron is such an underrated genius, I mean he won a game of chess made by MCGONAGALL
- And Hermione’s brilliant deductive skills do it again!
- Huh, this is so interesting because Voldemort knows so much and yet Harry knows nothing
- Ooh Dumbly dore know some stuff…
- I can’t believe how fast the year went by why isn’t real school like that
- Goodbye, Hogwarts! Until next time!
Thanks for going through the experience with me! Au revoir!